Most of the people spend their Fridays with some other way… Almost acceptable shine finally after many and more hours!
I started little project to patch couple places which were rusted in my 1988 Chevy Fleetside. This little patching is still under work after tens of hours. Like always I couldn’t help my self to make every thing as good as it could be done and now I have to paint at least half from the hole truck! So far the lower part is almost finished with bondo and primer… Target is to spray this on next weekend if I’ll manage to get the paints and all little dings smoothened with bondo and sanding from the silver area. Current plan is topcoat the hole lower section with silver not like originally silver and metallic blue.
It has been a while since last post here. Been busy with updating my Pontiac Camaro and racing with it… Last race done in Kalajoki 23.8.2014 and now spending this week away from garage and work cause suffering from serious back pain :(
Some updates from the last raceis found from Racing site: http://www.terzzaracing.com/?p=94
Thank you also for every one from support for TerZZa Racing. Next season in 2015 will be meaner,faster and better!
Finally after many of hours waiting rain stopped and the track opened.
After total disaster in the first run the second try out went in low 12 second time… I pulled total eight runs and latest six was so close each other that I had to believe that not better time than 11.83 could not be much improved anymore today.
Have to admit that 11.83 seconds at 1/4 mile was not bad at all cause this was the first time testing this car on the track.
Struggling over 30 hours from severe food poising! Minus 4 kg body weight and worst set back for Project Firebird completion. Had taken a day off from work for Friday for finishing the Firebird and been sitting in toilet vomiting without sleep over a day…
Thank you McDonalds one euro cheeseburger eaten on Thursday evening!
Yesterday got the Vette fixed steering column installed.
Have been trying to do the rewiring for plenty of hours for many nights. Today spent almost thirteen hours at the Garage first did the Astra brake job and then continued the wiring and accessories install… At last some progress, most of the harness and main relays find their place!Above is the main harness still on the floor.
Still there is a lot’s of to do wiring left but at this point I feeling some progress :)
Spent couple of nights at the Garage fitting the new seats that I bought ages ago, those seats was the first items purchased for the Firebird project…
Finally after dozen of times of fitting and refitting those seem to find their place!
Have to say that not very much bigger man like me could not find a room but don’t care that cause building this one for me :)
It was a very tight fitment like shown above. First I planned to fit the racks without bolting trough the floor but had to do that and make some parts in a lathe to find all the room available from the Firebird cabin…